The European Grand Prix is currently hosted by the Valencia street circuit in Spain.
Race Date: 24 June 2012
1st: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
2nd: Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
3rd: Mark Webber (Red Bull)
European Grand Prix Info
- One lap of the Valencian streets is 3.367 miles long, which includes 140 metres over the long swing bridge, one of the signature elements of the track. The lap record is 1:38:683 achieved by Timo Glock in 2009.
- The lap at Valencia is clockwise, with a total of 25 corners, 11 of which are right handed and 14 are left handed. There will be 57 laps of the circuit this year, amounting to a total race distance of 191.931 miles.
- Hosting the European Grand Prix in 2008 gave the Valencia the accolade of being the latest in a long line of street circuits to host a Formula One race. The most recent addition before Valencia was Albert Park which has hosted the Australian Grand Prix since 1996.
- Lewis Hamilton will hope to go one better this year than the second place finish he has achieved in both Valencian races. Hamilton has qualified on the front row in both of these races, he should be competitive again this year.
- Valencia is the fourth venue to host the European Grand Prix. Germany's Nurburgring has staged 12, Britain's Brands Hatch and Spain's Jerez two apiece and Donington Park, one.
European Grand Prix Highlights
- Get onboard with former Brawn GP driver Rubens Barrichello as he talks through a lap on the streets of Valencia.
Watch Barrichello's Valencia lap
- Ferrari were something of a shambles in the pit lane in the 2008 season, a point proved by Kimi Raikkonen driving off
with the fuel hose attached in the 08 race.
See the Raikkonen fuel hose incident