Sportsbet continue to be one of the main players in Australian wagering and appear to be one of the few bookies that go from strength to strength each year. Considered to be very innovative, their unique products and products have set them apart from many in the pack while bonus offers and first deposit incentives are a nice welcome for anyone that is a new customers. One of their big selling points is that they appeal to punters of all shapes and sizes and have a huge product offering.
- Huge product offering across racing and sport
- Competitive on pricing
- iPhone/Android apps and desktop
- Deposit offers (not available across all states of Australia)
- Live streaming (certain events)
- Power Play
- Money Back specials and promotions
- Price fluctuations
- Value for money
- Innovative products (The Fold, Justice Refunds and Payouts)
- Novelty markets
- Ease of functionality
- Multiple deposit options
- Sportsbet Cash Card
- Early payouts
- Their desktop/mobile offering can be a little hard to navigate at times
- Congestion of information/markets makes it difficult to read
- Pricing can be a little uncompetitive on some markets
Sportsbet’s offering is one of the best in the game and it is easy to see why they are so popular among punters. There is plenty of reason to open account with a stack of specials, money back offers, bonus bets, justice payouts and refunds. All in all, they seem to want to give punters a fair go. When it comes to pricing they are pretty competitive too while their innovative products like The Fold is a genius play designed specifically for racing punters. Sportsbet is also one of the few bookies that offers live streaming of Victorian and South Australian thoroughbreds.
Sportsbet is actually one of the pioneers of sports betting in Australia having been around since 1993. The legend of how Matt Tripp grabbed the ailing company and turned it into a powerhouse has long been told, however, in 2009 Paddy Power acquired a share before taking full control a year later. Sportsbet is considered one of the biggest players in the Australian space and continues to grow market share. Tripp has since exited the business to go on and establish Crownbet.
- POWER PLAY. Boost the price of your thoroughbred, greyhound or harness horse.
- JUSTICE REFUND AND PAYOUTS. Get paid out even if something extraordinary happens that affects the outcome.
- EARLY PAYOUTS. Get paid out if you selection looks like a sure thing.
- PROTEST PAYOUT. If your horse is past the post first and gets relegated because of an upheld protest, you still get paid.
- LIVE STREAMING. Catch all Victorian and South Australian thoroughbreds live. Selected sports (cricket, soccer, tennis) are covered as well.
- THE FOLD. Bail out on your bet in the run with your original stake refunded. One available every day.
- CASH OUT. Get out of your bet early before the event is over.
- MONEY BACK. Sportsbet has plenty of Money Back specials available to its customers.
- DOUBLE YOUR WINNINGS. Available on selected sports markets.
- SP, TOP FLUC, TOP TOTE PLUS. Pick the pricing option you want on a racing market whether it be tote (SP, TOP FLUC, TOP TOTE PLUS) or Fixed Odds.
- SPORTSBET CASH CARD. Withdraw your winnings for cold hard cash.
- MILLION DOLLAR TIPPING. A fun way to win money simply through Footy tipping.
If you like having a punt then you have to have an account with Sportsbet. Most punters have a few accounts and more often than not, Sportsbet is one of them. Their product range, ease of opening an account, live streaming of Vic and SA gallops and of course, bonus bets and first deposit offers, are very strong and more than hold their own against the opposition. If you are price sensitive then Sportsbet is pretty good on pricing, however, like most corporate bookies it depends on which markets you are betting on. We love their innovation in creating new and exciting markets and products (eg: The Fold) and on that basis, we give them one of our higher ratings.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5.
|Deposit options||Credit Card / Debit Card (Visa + Mastercard), Sportsbet Cash, Bank Transfer, PayPal, POLi, Skrill, BPAY, Cash Top Up|
EFT Bank Transfer - $10min (Int. customers $100 min)
1-3 days maximum
AUD – local residents
NZ Dollar, US Dollar, Euros, British Pound (GBP), Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) and Singapore Dollars (for international customers only)
Racing – Victorian and South Australian thoroughbreds
Sport – selected soccer, cricket and tennis events
Credit Card, PayPal, POLi, Skrill (minimum $5)
Cash Top Up (minimum $5)
|Minimum Bet||Internet $0.01c, Phone Betting $50 (racing) & $20 (sport), Live Betting ($5)|
|Deposit Turnover Requirements||1X|
|Bonus Bet Turnover Requirements||
1x for local residents
5x for international residents
|Mobile Apps||iPhone and Android available|
|Support||Live Chat, Email, Phone (1800 990 907), Live Betting 24/7|