Topsport aren’t a bookie that you would immediately think of during carnival time and that’s because they aren’t plastered all over the television or the internet. They are an Aussie bookmaker and let their product do the talking for them. They have a huge range of markets across racing and sport and more often than their prices are just as good, if not better, than some of the big boys in the marketplace
Topsport is run by Aussies which makes this a local business. Operated by respected bookmaker Lloyd Merlehan and his son Tristan who boast over 25 years experience, the Topsport office is based out of Border Park Raceway (Tweed Heads).
- Huge product offering across racing and sport
- Competitive on pricing
- $1.93 footy lines after team lists are announced
- $2 promo lines on footy codes
- Best of the Best (BOB) on metropolitan meetings
- Best tote on dogs and trots when there is a Group One on the card
- Protest payout
- Owner/trainer bonus
- iPhone/Android apps and desktop
- Price fluctuations
- Value for money
- Innovative products
- Novelty markets
- Ease of functionality
- Early payouts
- Their desktop/mobile offering isn’t as clean or sharp as others
- Little depth in racing markets and sports offering
- Promotions aren’t as attractive as their competitors
- Lack of first deposit bonus
Topsport.com.au is owned and operated by Merlehan Bookmaking Pty Ltd.
They first hit the internet in 1998, making them one of the longest serving online bookmakers in the country. In fact, Lloyd was a pioneer in his own right by becoming the first licenced on course bookmaker to offer sports betting back in 1990. Merlehan Bookmaking rebranded their offering as Topsport in 2013 and have been a regular player in the Australian market ever since.
If you want credibility then these guys are the real deal. They are licenced by the NSW government and also the NSW Bookmakers Cooperative.
Their slogan is ‘No bet is too big or small’ so getting a decent bet on isn’t impossible, plus, they have never shut down a winning account.
- EARLY PAYOUTS. Get paid out if you selection looks like a sure thing.
- PROTEST PAYOUT. If your horse is past the post first and gets relegated because of an upheld protest, you still get paid.
- OWNER/TRAINER BONUS. If you own a galloper, harness horse or greyhound you will get Best of the Best premium which equates to juicy odds!.
- BEST TOTE + SP, BEST OF 3 TOTES, BEST OF 2 TOTES, MID TOTE, WIN & PLACE TOTE + 5%, BEST FLUC, BEST OF THE BEST PREMIUM (BOB), FIXED ODDS. Pick the pricing option you want on a racing market whether it be tote or Fixed Odds.
- FORMGUIDES. Available across all three racing codes.
- $2 LINES Get paid out as a winner even if you lose on protest.Available across NRL, AFL and NFL as well as Super rugby
- BEST OF THE BEST PREMIUM (BOB). Available on Saturday metropolitan races and ensures you get the best of three Australian TAB prices or the official best fluctuation..
- HIGH LIMITS. The team at Topsport like giving punters a fair go so you can get on for the amount you want at the price you want.
This mob is pretty good and if you like having a punt and want value for your money, then you definitely need a Topsport account. Although they aren’t known as one of the big players in the market, their prices regularly match or surpass those on offer from the big boys. Their promotions are handy enough but not as creative as some of their competitors and their lack of a first deposit bonus is where they fall down compared to some of the others. That aside, punters can get on for a decent bet with Topsport as Lloyd, Tristan and the team have the highest limits across the marketplace. We like everything they offer and everything they stand for so hurry up and download the Topsport app today!
Overall rating: 4 out of 5.
Credit Card / Debit Card (Visa + Mastercard), POLi, BPAY, paysafecard, Bank Transfer
EFT Bank Transfer
No minimum amount
Sport $0.50c, Racing $0.50c
iPhone and Android available
|Support||Email, Phone (1300 8677 7678 or 07 5599 2244), Fax|