Unibet stays true to their heritage in that they are ‘by punters, for punters’. They are strong in the promotional space, whilst their market offering across racing and sport is one of the best in the business. Their interface can be a little crowded and the look and structure of their information can sometimes be a little overwhelming due to its sheer volume, however, if it’s variety you want then Unibet definitely have it.
Overall rating: 4 out of 5.
Unibet is part of the Kindred Group and was founded by Anders Strom in 1997 who wanted to share his sporting expertise with other players. Unibet was built on providing as much information to punters as possible and that is a philosophy that can easily be seen across their betting platform even today. Unibet is a multiaward-winning wagering operator.
The Kindred Group is one of the large online gambling companies in the world.
Unibet aren’t considered one of the bigger players in the Australian wagering space but that doesn’t stop them from having a huge offering. They cover races and sports from all over the globe and can boast a larger variety of markets than many of their competitors. Unibet has plenty of offers and they are also one of the few bookies to offer form for sports through their Expert Edge facility.
- Huge racing and sports offering
- Plenty of variety when it comes to promotions
- New mobile, desktop and app interface
- eSports offering
- Expert Edge gives punters access to sports form and statistics
- Multiple payment options (Credit/Debit card, PayPal, Poli, Bank Transfer)
- Unibet TV streams over 30,000 events per year
- Live betting availability (call 13 7868)
- Bet by phone
- Easy account verification process
- Navigation of their betting platform (desktop, mobile, app) can be difficult at times
- Overload of information, markets, promotions etc
- Prices on some markets are low compared to other corporates
- Withdrawal of funds can take up to 10 days
- Depositing of funds can take up to 3 days through some methods
- BEST TOTE + TOP FLUC. This feature enables punters to secure some juicy odds without taking the Fixed price option (selected availability).
- UNIBET TV. Live streaming of over 30,000 events each year.
- DEAD HEAT PAYOUT. Get the full dividend for your runner if it’s involved in a dead heat. Unibet don’t split the dividend like others do.
- PROTEST PAYOUT. If you back a horse or greyhound and it’s first past the post but loses the race on protest, you’ll get paid as a winner! Applies to all Australian and international thoroughbreds and harness races.
- LIVE BETTING. Available via phone.
- EXPERT EDGE. A huge database of statistics and results on key sports that is designed to assist punters in finding a winner.
Credit Card / Debit Card (Visa + Mastercard), PayPal, Poli, Bank Transfer
Bank Transfer (up to 3-10 working days)
Australian dollars (AUD)
Unibet TV (customers must have a minimum $1 in their account or have placed a recent bet. Some fees may apply)
Minimum deposit amount is $20 (Credit/Debit Card, PayPal, Poli)
Minimum deposit amount is $200 (BPAY)
Racing Products $1, Sports Products $1, Phone Betting $10
|Deposit Turnover Requirements||
iPhone and Android available
Live Chat; Phone: 13 78 68 for Live Betting, 9am-2:30am opening hours 7 days a week; Email