Golden State Warriors V Cleveland Cavaliers - Game 2
Redemption 1, Repeat 0. Game 1 saw the Golden State Warriors clinically take care of the Cavs as they move one step closer to redemption. They were on song in all aspects of the game.
Redemption 1, Repeat 0.
Game 1 saw the Golden State Warriors clinically take care of the Cavs as they move one step closer to redemption. They were on song in all aspects of the game. Their defence continues to suffocate teams, restricting the Cavs to 96 points on 38% shooting; their protection of the ball having only four turnovers for the entire game equalling NBA record for fewest in NBA finals history; and finding the right man for the right shot shows why they have been the team to beat for the last three years.
Whilst it was a balanced team effort with 12 individual scorers, it was their recruit of the year, Kevin Durant, who led all scorers with 38 points, eight rebounds and eight assists.
Lebron James was huge for the Cavs scoring 28 points, grabbing 15 rebounds and dishing out 8 assists. Although he turned the ball over eight times, it was more of a by-product of trying to do everything himself as sadly for Cavs fans, there were too many spectators on the Cavs roster.
It’s not all doom and gloom lost for the Cavs, as losing Game One isn’t unfamiliar territory. They have lost the opening game of the championship series for the last three years against the GSW before winning last years’ Championship. The Cavs rarely put together two poor performances in a row as we look forward to the key areas each team need to focus on to win Game Two.
Three things for the Cavs to fix that will get them the win in Game Two:
- More contributors. They can’t leave it to Lebron and need to spread the load
- Start well early. Take the emotion and crowd out of the equation
- Free scoring offense. They need to push the lanes hard and get some cheap fast break points, particularly off turnovers.
For GSW to remain undefeated in this year’s playoffs they need to focus on:
- Team defence. Starve Lebron of opportunities and we’ll find out how deep the Cavs roster goes
- Get the ball inside early and draw fouls. Fouls early can impact on the aggressiveness of the Cavs defence
- Continue to find the man in rhythm. They have been exceptional over the years in finding the hot hand
Game two prediction is the GSW by 6 points
By TAB Media Presenter, Jaimee Rogers