Million Dollar Chase Betting Preview
Bear looking to deliver the million dollar punch
Poke The Bear goes around a deserved favourite and if he had drawn inside or outside, you would be banking on him getting the cash. He does begin quickly but from box five, there are doubts as to whether he can find clear running early. Sky Wave (2) begins quickly as does Dyna Harpa (3) while Mystic Riot (7) is drawn perfectly to be challenging for the front at the first turn.
The Key Runners:
2. Sky Wave – V Sultana: $4.20*: Was brilliant in winning last week and goes around as one of the dogs to beat here. Pinged the lids from six to lead all-the-way in 29.66 to take out her semi here last week. Is blessed with brilliant box speed and will definitely benefit from drawing the inside. Hard to run down.
3. Dyna Harpa – A.Dailly: $10*: The value runner. Zoomed out of box two to win her semi in a slightly quicker time that Sky Wave, beating the likes of West On Augie as a $41 outsider. Won’t get those odds again here though but is definitely worth backing eachway. Has a great record from box three – two wins and three placings from seven starts. Should get a good run into the first turn with Sky Wave likely to cart it across.
5. Poke The Bear – S. Thompson: $3.10*: Was sensational in winning his semi last week in a best of the night 29.66. Began brilliantly from seven to lead over the highly rated Benali, with the pair staging a two-dog war for most of the race before Poke The Bear won pulling away by a length-and-a-quarter. The squeeze box in the only concern but if he gets clear air he wins.
7. Mystic Riot – J. Lagogiane: $5.50*: Heads into the final as having the quickest PB of any of these dogs, which was recorded three runs ago at Wenty. Led from eight last week in her semi, stopping the clock in 29.75 in what was arguably the most impressive of the semi final wins. Has won her only start from box seven but may need a touch of luck in getting across. If she does, watch out!
8. Jamella Jet – A. Crouch: $7*: Has been backed in from double figures to win this. Draws eight but that isn’t a bad thing for this bloke who has two wins and a placing from four career starts from the outside box. Was the slowest of the semi winners in 30.05 but did have to come from a midfield spot, and wide, in the back straight. Needs a bit of clear running to figure in the finish but definitely can’t be discounted.
Poke The Bear ($3.10*)
Sky Wave ($4.20*)
Dyna Harpa ($10*)
Jamella Jet ($7*)
We are taking the risk about Poke The Bear finding clear running and putting most of the bank on him.
Sky Wave should be out of trouble and will run a big race so she is our saver while Dyna Harpa is worth speccing for a chop out if there is an upset.
- 60% of the bank on Poke The Bear to win ($3.10*)
- 30% of the bank on Sky Wave to win ($4.20*)
- 10% of the bank on Dyna Harpa to win ($10*)
More racing articles: