It will be a sweet homecoming for Perth who have had to travel far and wide in the opening rounds. One of the best sides in the A-league when it comes to playing in front of their own fans, Perth have shown a few signs that this season that they could be a genuine title threat but they definitely aren’t the complete package yet. They go into this one off the back of a 2-2 draw against Newcastle while the Mariners showed vast improvement from their opening round slaughter to share the points with the Wanderers by a similar scorline.
3 KEY POINTS
- CENTRAL COAST has opened the scoring in both their A-leagues games this season
- This is PERTH’s first home match of the 2017-18 campaign
- Mariners striker ASDRUBAL has been first goalscorer twice already this season
- Central Coast has won the past two meetings by a scoreline of 2-nil
- The home side has not lost this fixture in the past eight clashes (six wins and two draws)
- Andy Keogh and Adam Taggart have doubles against the Mariners in Perth’s last two wins at home against them
- Kenny Lowe’s side has had to endure a tough start to the campaign with consecutive road games in the opening two rounds. Now they get to play back at home, where last season they were ranked third in the A-league for points and second in terms of goals scored. The Mariners have struggled to compete against Perth in the west and although they showed much improvement from Round 1 to Round 2, we think it’s going to take them a little longer to get their first win of the season.
CENTRAL COAST / PERTH
- We are shooting for a bit of value here as the Mariners have been quick beginners so far this season
- Punters have cleaned up in consecutive weeks on the Mariners striker in First Goalscorer markets
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- Defence is likely to take a back seat in this fixture