Wellington vs Brisbane - Rd 4 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Both sides are desperate to get some much needed points.
Both sides are desperate to get some much needed points. Between the pair of them they have yielded just one point and that belongs to Wellington which managed a draw in Round 1 against Adelaide. Since then the Kiwis have suffered back-to-back defeats at the hands of two competition powerhouses but have been more than competitive. Brisbane, on the other hand, have begun the campaign with three straight defeats and are the only team without a point so far.
3 KEY POINTS
- WELLINGTON has scored just two goals all season and both were against Sydney FC
- BRISBANE is on a seven-game losing streak – a club record
- The Phoenix outshot Melbourne City 18-10 last week but couldn’t score
- Brisbane has won three of the past six with Wellington taking the points on two occasions (with one draw)
- Brett Holman scored a double the last time Brisbane played Wellington
- The Phoenix has opened the scoring the last two times they have played the Roar
- Wellington looks a good bet for us especially since they are playing at home. Manager Darije Kalezic has built a handy team and although they’ve suffered defeat over the past fortnight, the signs are there that this time could be ready to click. They just need to capitalise on their chances in front of goal and the way Brisbane has been defending of late, those chances will be coming thick and fast in this one.
WELLINGTON / WELLINGTON
- The Phoenix are dangerous at home and Brisbane has been prone to slow starts so far in 2017/18
- Unlucky not to bag one last week against City when he hit the woodwork
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- Neither side is safe at the back so the best option here is the Overs.