Melbourne Victory vs Western Sydney - Rd 5 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Is this the game that kick-starts Melbourne’s season?
Is this the game that kick-starts Melbourne’s season? The Victory has spluttered through the opening month of the A-league and are facing a club record fifth straight game without a win at the start of their campaign. They go into this without their key hitman up front once again which was a telling factor in their 1-1 draw against the Mariners last week. Western Sydney have had a solid start to their campaign but three straight draws is beginning to get a little frustrating for the Red and Black.
3 KEY POINTS
- MELBOURNE VICTORY are winless through the opening four rounds for just the third time in club history – they missed the finals both times
- WESTERN SYDNEY have scored the first goal in three of their four matches
- BESART BERISHA is serving the second of a two-game suspension for Melbourne Victory
- Melbourne hasn’t lost in their past five clashes against Western Sydney (three wins, two draws)
- The Wanderers haven’t scored against the Victory in their past four starts
- The Victory has never failed to score a goal at home when playing the Wanderers
- This game has ‘Draw’ written all over it. Melbourne is desperate to get a win on the board and the Wanderers are chugging along fine but just not finishing off their matches. Expect the visitors to come out hard this week and get the opener but the Victory are good enough to jag an equalizer later in the match despite missing Berisha.
WESTERN SYDNEY / DRAW
- Back the Wanderers to jump the gun early on
- The Spanish striker missed out last week for the Wanderers but has scored seven goals all up for the Wanderers so far
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
UNDER 2.5We think goals will be hard to come by