Graham Arnold’s men should continue to dictate terms at the head of the table after this game. Sydney FC are back on top of the A-league following their 1-0 win over Melbourne City in a 1 versus 2 clash last week. They will fancy themselves heading up to Central Coast Stadium considering their strong record against the Mariners in recent times. Paul Okon’s men go into the game off consecutive draws and are still looking for their first win of the season.
3 KEY POINTS
- SYDNEY FC is unbeaten in 18 matches across all competitions – a club record
- CENTRAL COAST is yet to win a game this season and is winless in their past seven matches
- CENTRAL COAST has scored the first goal in a match four times this season
Skies are Blue
- Sydney FC hasn’t lost to the Mariners in their past nine clashes
- In the past six matches between the sides, Central Coast has not led at any stage
- Last season, Central Coast were the only team to put more than one goal past Sydney FC in a single game (2-3 final result)
- The reigning champions should simply be too good here. Although they aren’t value from a punting perspective, they do look one of the bets of the round as they have begun to look a lot sharper in the past two weeks. They are ultra professional and should have too much class for a Mariners outfit that is yet to put 90 minutes together.
DRAW / SYDNEY FC
- The Mariners can begin quickly so there is a bit of value to be found in this market
- Has three goals in his past three against the Mariners and registered the first goal twice this season
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- Their previous encounter, in March this year, was the first time in two years that the total has gone under 2.5