Wellington vs Perth - Rd 6 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
The home side are down on troops as they welcome Perth to Westpac Stadium.
The home side are down on troops as they welcome Perth to Westpac Stadium. Wellington will be missing a few key players due to World Cup playoff commitments which is the last thing they needed as they head into the game off a 3-nil thumping to Newcastle. Perth enjoyed the comforts of home but made tough work of disposing of Adelaide 1-nil.
3 KEY POINTS
- WELLINGTON has conceded three goals in three of their past four matches
- PERTH’s two wins for the season have been at home
- Six of PERTH’s seven goals for the season have been on the road
- Perth seems to enjoy the trip to New Zealand and are unbeaten in their past six visits there
- The Correct Score of 2-1 could be a nice bet as it has popped up three times in the past six clashes between the sides
- Roy Krishna has three goals in his past six matches against Perth
- Wellington really struggled last week and go into this without experienced players Andrew Durante and Michael McGlinchey due to international commitments for New Zealand. That gives Perth a great chance to secure their first win of the season on the road and going off historical results, they won’t hold any fears of Westpac Stadium as they have a tremendous record at the venue.
WELLINGTON / PERTH
- The Phoenix could get the jump on the visitors early but Perth are known for finishing strong
- He has a fine record of scoring goals against Perth so lock him in for first goal
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- The fact the Phoenix defence has leaked 10 goals in the past four matches suggests this is going to be a high scoring affair