Central Coast vs Adelaide - Rd 7 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Can the Mariners build on the momentum of their upset win last week?
Can the Mariners build on the momentum of their upset win last week? Central Coast caused the biggest shock in the A-league so far this season when they toppled the reigning premiers 2-nil at home and get the chance to double up in front of their fans when they host Adelaide. The Reds go into this off three straight losses with the latest of those at Coopers Stadium to the now league-leading Newcastle Jets.
3 KEY POINTS
- CENTRAL COAST have scored the opening goal five times in the first six games – a league best
- The MARINERS are unbeaten in their past three home matches
- ADELAIDE has won just two away matches in the league in their past 16 road games
Skies are Blue
- Adelaide has won four of the past six clashes
- Kwabena Appiah-Kubi has scored in consecutive games against Adelaide
- Both sides have scored the last six times they have faced each other with each of those games yielding a minimum of three goals or more
- There is always a danger of having a letdown after causing a huge upset like the Mariners did last week, however, the passion that Paul Okon showed on the sidelines after the win suggest he will have his troops firing on all cylinders for this one. Adelaide began really well against the Jets but lost their way in the back of the first half, allowing Newcastle to get back into the game. One thing playing against the Reds here is their poor away form and with the Mariners full of confidence and stringing together a mini unbeaten run at home, there is a good chance they won’t be leaving Central Coast Stadium with any points.
CENTRAL COAST / CENTRAL COAST
- The Mariners are the best in the business when it comes to scoring first and that should happen once again here
- Had a brilliant game against Sydney FC last week by bagging the opener and assisting in the second goal
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- On historical results the Overs is a no brainer! There has been a whopping 4.33 goals scored between the sides in their past six encounters