Western Sydney vs Wellington - Rd 7 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
The Wanderers look to break a frustrating run of draws when they host Wellington on Saturday afternoon.
The Wanderers look to break a frustrating run of draws when they host Wellington on Saturday afternoon. Since winning their opening match, Western Sydney have remained unbeaten but have split the points in their next five encounters with the latest of those being a 1-1 draw against Melbourne City. Wellington go into the game full of confidence having registered their first win of the season, a 5-2 thrashing of Perth Glory at home.
3 KEY POINTS
- WELLINGTON now has the second best attack in the A-league but also the worst defence
- The Western Sydney Wanderers are just one of two teams yet to taste defeat this season
- Oriol Riera is running equal third in the race for the Golden Boot with four goals
Red and Black attack
- The Wanderers have won five of the past six encounters between the sides with the other result being a draw
- Brendon Santalab has scored seven goals in his past six games against Wellington
- Wellington has kept Western Sydney to two goals or less on just one occasion in their past six clashes and that was earlier this year in the FFA Cup
- The Kiwis have lost all three of their road games and we are anticipating it will be a fourth here. They did superbly well to knock five past Perth, however, Wanderers keeper Vedran Janjetovic had a blinder last week and was one of the main reasons they didn’t drop all three points to City. Wellington’s defence is suspect and although Western Sydney can be accused of squandering chances in front of goal this season, at some point, it will all click and this could be the week it does.
WESTERN SYDNEY / WESTERN SYDNEY
- Western Sydney are fast starters so expect them to register early in this one
- The Spaniard remains the key provider of goals for the Red and Black with four so far this season
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- The total has gone over in four of their last six clashes