Okon’s side looking to bounce back to winning ways. The Mariners boss saw his team’s attempt at a hat-trick of wins thwarted by Melbourne City last week, however, they never gave up at any stage. Prior to that they had taken maximum points on three of four occasions. That form is far better than Josep Gombau’s men who are coming off a record 5-nil hiding in the Derby against Sydney FC – their third straight loss in the competition.
3 KEY POINTS
- WESTERN SYDNEY is winless in their past nine games
- CENTRAL COAST are the only team to beat Sydney FC this season
- The Wanderers have lost three straight games and been outscored 9-nil in the process
Don’t die wandering
- The Wanderers have dominated this fixture with three wins and one loss in the past six clashes (two draws)
- Central Coast have scored in each of their past six games against Western Sydney
- Brendon Santalab has scored in four of the past six matches against the Mariners
- Expect more pressure to be heaped on Gombau after this. He is just four games in to his tenure at the Wanderers but three straight losses and no wins is definitely not good enough for any club, let alone one that has had the distinction of becoming Asian champions. They were dreadful and looked lost last week against Sydney and although you would expect some bounce back here, it would be a huge turnaround to see them beat the Mariners on their home turf.
DRAW / CENTRAL COAST
- Western Sydney will be keen to put last week’s game behind them so expect some resolute defence early on before the Mariners find a way through in the second half
- He has two goals for the campaign which makes him the Central Coast’s leading scorer along with Wout Brama, Daniel De Silva and Asdrubal.
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- The total has gone Overs in four of the past six encounters between the sides