Tempo looks genuine for the big field with luck in running key. Francaletta will kick up from barrier 2 to likely lead with Prompt Response (10) and Just Dreaming (13) shooting across from wide. Silent Sedition (7), Aide Memoire (5), Flippant (16) and Daysee Doom (14) will all be looking for positions forward of mid-field. 3-wide running line should be available. Rosehill rail true should give those in the first few an advantage.
1. Dixie Blossoms - C.Brown (57.5kg) (Barrier 4): $7: Key chance looking for her first victory at group 1 level after running honestly in the top grade for some time now. Ran on strongly from near last to win a key lead-up in the Guy Walter over 1400m last start. She’s got a great second-up record with 4:2-1-0 but has failed to win at Rosehill from 7 attempts (3 seconds). She’ll need luck from barrier 3 but gets 1500m and is a picture of consistency. Couldn’t talk admirers out of a bet.
2. Silent Seditions – C.Williams (57.5kg) (Barrier 7): $8: Drawn to get a nice run on speed. Looks to have bounced back from a disappointing Spring, winning the Mannerism over 1400m last time out. Proven at the top level 5:1-2-0, a 2:1-1-0 record at the distance and the 3 weeks freshen are all ticks. Dixie Blossoms has beat her home the last two times they’ve met however she did lose a plate in the Myer explaining the flop. Saying the other lead-ups are superior and going against her here.
3. Daysee Doom – A.Adkins (57kg) (Barrier 14): $11: Could get the run of the race here up behind the speed. She’s a bonny mare that makes her own luck and gives her all in each race. Another key lead-up winner last time out in the G2 Millie Fox, running past Prompt Response over 1300m. Last time track and distance she got the better of Dixie Blossoms in the G2 Emancipation in running second to Zanbagh on a heavy 9. Winner twice second-up, she ticks a lot of boxes and makes a good bet at $11.
7. Egg Tart – K.McEvoy (55.5kg) (Barrier 3): $8: Looks to be back to her dual group 1 winning form after a luckless run for 4th in the G3 Liverpool City Cup over 1300m last start. Undoubtedly with clean running she would’ve stormed over them late. She’s proven in the trop grade (against 3YO’s), a winner at the distance and a winner second-up. She paraded like she’ll be peaking here and gets the services of McEvoy and the speed on to mitigate the luck needed. Top pick, $8 a great each-way price.
8. Alizee – G.Schofield (54kg) (Barrier 15): $10: Big price for one dominant Sydney 3YO filly of the Spring. She trialled up like a bomb before narrowly winning the G2 Light Fingers first-up only finding a way through late. Last time out in the G1 Surround she over-raced early to finish a disappointing 6th, beaten 1.8L and never looked a chance. She’s paraded with plenty to come at both race starts and being a Group 1 winner over 1600m a win wouldn’t shock in the slightest. Though she’ll need to do it from the back.
9. Aide Memoire – J.Collett (54kg) (Barrier 5): $31: Huge price here. She’s a group 1 winning Kiwi (third up like here) who didn’t show her best in her last few runs in across the ditch subsequent to giving the G1 Tarzino Trophy over 1400m a shake (2nd by 0.2L) first-up. For Kris Lees she’s been somewhat unlucky at both starts. Only getting out late in the Guy Walter she worked to the line nicely to only be beat 3L. She meets winner Dixie Blossoms 5.5kg better here, is proven over longer than this and looks to get a very nice run on pace for in-form jockey Jason Collett. At $31 she can’t be going around a loser.
10. Bring Me Roses – D.Yendall (51kg) (Barrier 8): $16: Has run two brilliant races this prep; second in the G2 Vanity over 1400m first-up then second again in a high rating editions of the G1 Australian Guineas. Being a High Chaparral, she’ll handle any track conditions. Building nicely towards the ATC Oaks she could run a bold race here. Barrier 8 affords Yendell the opportunity to take her forward with a featherweight. At $16 she’d make a good each-way bet and is one that must go in exotics.
1. Egg Tart ($8)
2. Daysee Doom ($11)
3. Bring Me Roses ($16)
4. Aide Memoire ($31)
In a typical wide-open edition of the Coolmore Classic we’ve gone looking for value. Playing our top 4 runners for a good return whilst saving on Dixie Blossoms.
- 40% of the race bank on Egg Tart
- 25% on Daysee Doom
- 15% on Bring Me Roses
- 5% on Aide Memoire
- 15% on Dixie Blossoms (saver)