Why we think Dealmaker is a Dundeel in the Spring Champion Stakes and how to cash in.
The glum forecast may actually suit this colt down to the ground.
Set to be a slog over the 2000m at Randwick, the Spring Champion Stakes looks an intriguing affair for the 3yos. The current favourite Thinkin’ Big for Waterhouse/Bott comes through a dominant win in the Gloaming Stakes. A race that has produced 2 of the last 3 winners of this race. A deserved favourite at $3.60*, but with the prevailing track pattern likely to be hard against leaders we believe the value lies with Dealmaker.
Coming off a last-start second placing, Dealmaker has only missed a hole once in his 5 career starts (3 of which have been on rain-affected ground) he’s a consistent colt with a great chance to imitate his sire Dundeel in winning the Spring Champion. Here’s why:
- - Maps perfectly late in the day on a boggy Randwick track.
- - Perfect trainer/jockey combination in C.Waller and D.Oliver for a 3yo distance race.
- - Strongest through the line in the G2 Stan Fox over 1500m on heavy ground last start. Will eat up a strong 2000m.
- - Boasts a personal best figure of 7.1 faster than benchmark, the best of the field.
- - Had a solid trial between runs to keep him fresh, a proven Waller strategy.
The colt currently sits at $7.50* ($2.50* place) in the early markets, making him a great value play straight out or each-way.
So how can you cash in on this outstanding race? If you’re eligible for the offers below, you could potentially collect up to $1,300 should Chris Waller take out yet another Sydney feature Group 1.
*Prices correct at time of posting and subject to fluctuation.