The race that stops the nation is upon us and unlike many years there is one galloper that stands head and shoulders above the pack. That is the current $6* favourite Yucatan. There is only one other horse in single figures which is indicative of the edge Yucatan has on the field. Here’s why this 5-year-old looks ready for the ultimate prize:
- Was completely dominant in winning the Herbert Power Stakes over 2400m last start against the likes of A Prince of Arran. The latter horse’s impressive win in Saturday’s Lexus Stakes ominously putting Yucatan’s performance into context.
- Possesses a lethal turn of foot capable of putting the race to bed in a matter of strides.
- Ideal connections: Team Williams are poised to take out their 3rd Cup in a row, and jockey James McDonald has quickly re-established himself as one of Australia’s best.
- Looks as though 3200m will suit given how much he still had in the tank after sitting wide and sustaining a run over 2400m.
- Despite drawing barrier 23 there’s speed around him that should give him a nice tow into an on-pace position.
There is still plenty of meat in the $6* quote available. But if you’re eligible for the offers below you could really have a Cup day story for the ages. For example, a winning $200 bet on Yucatan at $6.00 could see you netting $1,000.
Whichever way it goes, there’s no day like Cup day!
*Prices correct at time of posting and subject to fluctuation.