5 reasons why Yucatan is poised for Melbourne Cup glory and how you can profit.
We believe this year’s favourite has a clear class edge on the rest of the field.
The race that stops the nation is upon us and unlike many years there is one galloper that stands head and shoulders above the pack. That is the current $6* favourite Yucatan. There is only one other horse in single figures which is indicative of the edge Yucatan has on the field. Here’s why this 5-year-old looks ready for the ultimate prize:
- Was completely dominant in winning the Herbert Power Stakes over 2400m last start against the likes of A Prince of Arran. The latter horse’s impressive win in Saturday’s Lexus Stakes ominously putting Yucatan’s performance into context.
- Possesses a lethal turn of foot capable of putting the race to bed in a matter of strides.
- Ideal connections: Team Williams are poised to take out their 3rd Cup in a row, and jockey James McDonald has quickly re-established himself as one of Australia’s best.
- Looks as though 3200m will suit given how much he still had in the tank after sitting wide and sustaining a run over 2400m.
- Despite drawing barrier 23 there’s speed around him that should give him a nice tow into an on-pace position.
There is still plenty of meat in the $6* quote available. But if you’re eligible for the offers below you could really have a Cup day story for the ages. For example, a winning $200 bet on Yucatan at $6.00 could see you netting $1,000.
Whichever way it goes, there’s no day like Cup day!
*Prices correct at time of posting and subject to fluctuation.