2019 Toorak Handicap Race Preview & Betting Tips
Oliver eyeing off another major
The rail goes back to the true position for this after being 6m out on Underwood Stakes Day. Age Of Chivalry (11) could be the leader while Tom Melbourne (18) goes forward but from out wide he may have to use up a fair bit of petrol. Widgee Turf (9) should be just off the leaders while Fierce Impact (16) and Princess Jenni (14) could be amongst the tailenders.
The Key Runners:
14. Princess Jenni – D. Oliver: $7: She just might be a very good horse. Loved the way she won at Moonee Valley last start but that was against mares. Drops to 54.5kgs for this and is 3 for 3 at the distance. Will be midfield at best but likely near the tail in this but a good tempo will ensure she comes right into play. Has a great finish and is on the way up. Gets the polish from Group One specialist D Oliver.
THE EACHWAY TIP
12. Fierce Impact – C. Williams: $12: Looked as though it was going to win the Bill Ritchie before Kolding came back at him right on the line. That is super form with Kolding winning the Epsom last week in handicap conditions, which is what we have here. Will get back in the field but anticipating plenty of pressure so that should bring the backmarkers into play. Chance.
8. Wyndspelle – M. Dee: $23: Has some sensational form around New Zealand’s best horse in Melody Belle. Has finished second to her twice at Group One level while he has a third to Shillelagh in the Cantala nearly two years ago to his credit. Is a good horse, honest and at double-figure odds he can win without surprising.
You are going to get value whichever way you look at. Willing to throw a big portion of the bank on Princess Jenni ($7) at the price to give us a nice return. Definitely keen to have something on Fierce Impact and Wyndspelle at their respective prices but it is that type of race where anything is capable of saluting.
- • 50% of the bank on Princess Jenni to win ($7*)
- • 25% of the bank on Fierce Impact to win ($12*)
- • 25% of the bank on Wyndspelle each way ($23*)
*Odds correct at time of publishing