5 Reasons Why The Broncos Can End Their Premiership Drought
The Broncos looks poised to end the club’s longest ever premiership drought.
Fans will be looking to put a tumultuous off-season behind them as they gear up for a huge 2019 NRL season kicking off Thursday night with the Storm hosting the Broncos.
Despite long term injuries to their rep players in Matt Gillett and Jack Bird, 2018 saw the Broncos finish in 6th place. Hosting the Elimination Final, the Broncos season finished in disappointing fashion getting towelled up 48-18 by the out of form Dragons.
Although outsiders ($2.40*) for Thursday’s clash with the typically formidable Storm outfit, the Broncos look value in the long run at $7* to bury their 2018 demons and win this year’s NRL premiership and here’s why:
- - New Head Coach: Dally M coach of the year Anthony Seibold takes the reins which should provide a big lift to this heavyweight squad. The club’s ruthless pursuit of him is indicative of his talent.
- - Forward Pack: In a game now dominated by the big men, David Fifita coming in to seamlessly replace early injury Tevita Pangai Junior highlights the depth on this roster.
- - Strong Attack: With a spine of Darius Boyd, Anthony Milford, Kodi Nikorima and Andrew McCullough plus one of the best wing pairings in Jamayne Isaako and Corey Oates, there are plenty of points in this side, evident in them scoring the 2nd most points last year.
- - Successful Club: In the clubs 30-year history they’ve only missed out on finals football twice and won 4 minor premierships with an overall 62.5%-win rate (second only to the Storm).
- - Finals Momentum: Brisbane play 3 of their last 4 games of the regular season at home, with their final two matches against wooden spoon favourites Parramatta and Canterbury.
Despite the reasons above the Brisbane Broncos are still paying a healthy $7* to win the NRL premiership in 2019. If you’re eligible for the offers below you could profit handsomely. For example, a winning $200 bet on the Broncos to win the grand final would see you collect a cool $1,200.
*Prices correct at time of posting and subject to fluctuation.