5 reasons Oates will turn the heat up on the Dragons
Thursday looks ominous for Oates to extend his try scoring streak
Corey Oates loves a Thursday night blockbuster at Suncorp Stadium and the powerhouse winger is in prime position to extend his lead on the try scorer leaderboard against the winless St George-Illawarra Dragons.
Oates and his Broncos roared back into form last week with a thumping 29-10 win over arch-rivals North Queensland. Oates bagged himself a double and the giant winger’s combination with his centre partner Jack Bird is becoming one of the NRL’s hardest pairings to stop. The Dragons meanwhile were disappointing in their 34-18 loss to Souths and are facing growing concerns over their top eight hopes already.
The Broncos will be relying on Oates to lead the way against the Dragons and the winger’s track record is ominous for the confident Broncos:
- - He’s been first try scorer in 4 of the last 5 Broncos home matches
- - He’s scored at least one try in Brisbane’s last five Thursday night home matches
- - He’s scored 12 tries in his past 6 games
- - His opposite marker is Mikaele Ravalawa, who is only two games into his first-grade career
- - The Dragons have conceded 7 tries in their opening two games down their right edge
Oates and the Broncos will fancy their chances on Thursday night, and you can currently get:
- - $6* for Oates to be first try scorer with Ladbrokes
- - $1.57* for Oates to score anytime with Sportsbet
- - $4.50* for Oates to score 2+ tries with TAB
And if you’re eligible for the offers below, it could get even better. For example – if you were to place a $200 bet on Oates to be first try scorer, you could walk away with $1000!
Enjoy the clash and happy punting!
*Odds correct at time of posting