4 reasons why Cody will walk all over the Dogs
Can the 2019 NRL leading try scorer continue his hot streak?
Cody Walker scorched the Warriors last week with a 4 try frenzy – and the Souths star is ready to add to his bulging try tally against the lowly Bulldogs.
Bunnies coach Wayne Bennett is a noted Walker fan and the absence of Braidon Burns and the now-retired Greg Inglis saw Walker encouraged to increase his attacking responsibility. The result? Four tries plus a season-high 12 runs and 149 running metres.
The Bulldogs have sunk to the bottom of the NRL ladder and with the Bunnies able to climb into the top 2 with a big win, it’s the ideal scenario for Walker to continue his hot streak:
- - Walker is the NRL’s leading try scorer in 2019 (6 tries in 5 matches)
- - Nobody has scored more tries for Souths since the start of Round 1, 2018 than Walker (18)
- - Canterbury have the NRL’s worst defence (142) and have conceded at least 36 points in 3 of their last 5 games
- - Including Ryan Matterson’s stint filling in for the injured Benji Marshall, the Dogs have conceded at least 1 try to a half in 4 of their last 5 starts
Sportsbet have strong value on Walker and his Bunnies to deliver against the Bulldogs.
- - $4* for Walker to score anytime/Souths to win
- - $3.50* for Walker to score anytime
- - $7.70* for Walker to score anytime/Souths to win 13+
And if you’re eligible for the offers below, you can win even more. For example – a $100* bet on Walker to score anytime and Souths to win could return you a tasty $300*!
Enjoy the game and the Easter long weekend!
*Odds correct at time of posting