Brisbane vs Adelaide - Rd 2 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Both sides will be looking for improvement following their opening round efforts.
Both sides will be looking for improvement following their opening round efforts. Brisbane were particularly lacking some penetration against Melbourne City in their Round 1 clash and marquee man Massimo Maccarone will need some quality service if he is to bang in the goals. With injuries still a concern and visa issues for Eric Bautheac, John Aloisi will have his work cut out over the next few weeks. Adelaide aren’t in a better spot having looked ordinary in the opening exchanges against Wellington last week and now have to travel to Brisbane in a seriously long trip over opening two weeks of the campaign.
3 KEY POINTS
- ADELAIDE UNITED had the worst away record of any team in the A-league last season (1-4-8)
- BRISBANE ROAR had the third best points differential when playing at home in 2016/17 (+11) – only Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory were better
- Brett Holman and possibly Luke DeVere will be welcome additions to Brisbane’s line-up this week
Brisbane see Red!
- Adelaide has won three of the past six against Brisbane with one draw thrown into the mix
- Brisbane’s two wins during this span have been by a combined score of 7-0
- Playing the Overs might be the way to go here as there is an average of 3.33 goals per game scored over their past six clashes
- We are prepared to give Brisbane Roar the benefit of the doubt here especially since the match is at Suncorp Stadium. A tough road trip for Adelaide to get things underway this campaign may put them on the back foot early and with Brisbane being a dangerous home side, the parochial Queensland crowd may be enough to get the Roar home.
DRAW / BRISBANE ROAR
- Expect a tight one in the first 45 minutes with the Roar to get on top of things in the second half
- The former Serie A hitman is Brisbane’s main man up front
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- Get on the Overs all day as clashes between these two usually end up as goalfests