Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory - Rd 2 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Newcastle Jets could be ready for back-to-back wins to start to the A-league season.
Newcastle could be ready for back-to-back wins to start to the A-league season. The Jets were brilliant in winning the F3 Derby last week against the Central Coast 5-1 and already look a contender for the top six come the end of the regular season rounds. Perth’s away form continued on from where it left off in 2016/17 after they suffered a 2-1 defeat at the hands of the Western Sydney Wanderers.
3 KEY POINTS
- Last week was the first time that NEWCASTLE scored five goals or more in three years
- Roy O’Donovan began life at the Jets with a hat-trick against his old club (Mariners)
- PERTH won just two away games last season
- PERTH GLORY has won a whopping 13 of the past 17 encounters against Newcastle
- NEWCASTLE’s win in Round 10 last season was their first against Perth in six years
- An average of four goals per game has been scored in their last six clashes
- They were simply awesome against the Central Coast. The likes of Andrew Nabbout, Dimi Petratos and Ronald Vargas combined brilliantly with O’Donovan and going off that performance should cause the visiting Glory plenty of headaches. Liam Reddy is set for a busy night in goals if Perth’s away form from last season is anything to go by. At this stage of the season we think home ground advantage is a big plus so on that basis, everything suggests that Newcastle will be taking the three points.
JETS / JETS
- Newcastle conceded an early goal but were up 3-1 at half-time last week. They will begin quickly again here
- The import was highly impressive in his first hit out for the Jets last week and he represents a bit of value to score the opener
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- Contests between these sides are never dull