Adelaide vs Melbourne Victory - Rd 3 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Can Melbourne avoid a hat-trick of losses to start the campaign?
Can Melbourne avoid a hat-trick of losses to start the campaign? Last season’s beaten Grand Finalists face a stiff test here because although they have a good record against Adelaide, their performances on the road last season left little to be desired. In fact, of the six teams that made the playoffs, Melbourne had scored the least amount of goals (15) when playing away from home. Adelaide will be boosted by their last-minute win against Brisbane and the fact they are playing at home for the first time this season.
3 KEY POINTS
- ADELAIDE UNITED has scored the last goal in both their matches so far
- MELBOURNE VICTORY has lost their opening two matches in the A-league for the first time since 2005
- Both Adelaide and Melbourne Victory have conceded the opening goal against their two opponents this season
- Melbourne Victory has won seven of 12 (with four draws) against Adelaide United
- Besart Berisha has four goals in his past six matches against Adelaide
- Adelaide won their previous clash – a 3-nil result in the FFA Cup Round-of-32
- It is hard to see Kevin Muscat’s side dropping three straight games to start the campaign. The strange thing is that although they have lost games to Sydney FC and Melbourne City, they haven’t played bad – in fact, in large parts of both matches, they have been the dominant side. They have a bit more class than Adelaide do and we think now that he has two games under his belt, Leroy George will help the Melbournians get their first points of the season in Adelaide.
DRAW / MELBOURNE VICTORY
- We think it will be a tense opening 45 minutes but then we should start to see some goals in the second half
- The A-league’s all-time leading scorer hasn’t registered this season but it’s only a matter of time
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- Four of the past six contests have ended up with three goals