Melbourne City vs Wellington - Rd 3 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Are City ready to go three-from-three?
Are City ready to go three-from-three? Warren Joyce’s men look to be the real deal following successive wins and a big result against Derby rivals Melbourne Victory last week. Wellington only have the one point from their opening two games but gave the defending champions a big scare last week in falling 3-2 at Allianz Stadium.
3 KEY POINTS
- MELBOURNE CITY are only one of two teams with perfect records heading into Round 3
- WELLINGTON’s Dario Vidosic has two goals in as many games for his new club
- MELBOURNE CITY has opened the scoring in both their games so far in the 2017/18 campaign
Phoenix not rising
- Melbourne City has won six of their past nine clashes against Wellington (with two draws)
- Wellington’s last win against Melbourne City on the road was three years ago
- An average of three goals per match has been scored between the sides in their past six encounters
- We cannot see Wellington scoring the upset in this one. They aren’t the best road team in the league and the fact this is their second away game in seven days doesn’t spell good signs for them. Wellington did scare Sydney FC last week though so maybe they aren’t totally out of it, however, City look too strong at home and should take the three points.
MELBOURNE CITY / MELBOURNE CITY
- City are fast starters so we like them to open the scoring and then go on to get the job done
- He has begun the A-league season in fine style and has three goals in the opening two matches
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
OVER 2.5History suggests the Overs are the way to go