Can City maintain the rage on their trip to Adelaide? The Melbournians are enjoying their best ever start to an A-league season and are shooting for four wins on the bounce when they head to Coopers Stadium. Adelaide is yet to lose a game this season but has drawn twice, including last week, when they had Melbourne Victory on the ropes before splitting the points.
3 KEY POINTS
- MELBOURNE CITY is the only team to have a perfect record after three rounds
- ADELAIDE are one of two teams yet to score the opening goal in a match this season
- MELBOURNE CITY has registered the opening goal in all three matches so far
- Adelaide has won four of the past six matches between the sides
- Four of those clashes have been settled by one goal
- Melbourne City has scored the first goal the past three times they have played Adelaide
- Warren Joyce has done a tremendous job early in the season to get his team firing without the services of their top goalscorer, Bruno Fornaroli. City has only conceded one goal in the opening three matches which shows you just how tough their defence is to break down. With Adelaide having FFA Cup commitments on Tuesday, they have just four days between matches so don’t be surprised if fatigue sets in during the second half.
MELBOURNE CITY / MELBOURNE CITY
- City are fast starters while Adelaide are slow to begin
- Has had a wonderful start to the campaign
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- These matches are usually tight so we are predicting another close contest