Sydney FC vs Perth - Rd 4 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
The reigning champions face one of their ‘bunny’ teams this weekend.
The reigning champions face one of their ‘bunny’ teams this weekend when they welcome Perth to Allianz Stadium. Sydney FC has completely dominated the fixture with the Glory in recent outings and that could very well be the case again here. Sydney FC continues to be extremely hard to kill with just one defeat in the A-league since the start of last season. Last week they showed tremendous character to fight back from something that hasn’t happened for a long time when they were down 2-nil to eventually draw the Sydney Derby. This week they face an enigmatic Perth outfit that showed the benefits of their first home game by finishing strongly to down Central Coast 2-1.
3 KEY POINTS
- SYDNEY FC has conceded four goals at home this season – last campaign they conceded just three at Allianz all year
- PERTH is just one of two teams that hasn’t scored the opening goal of a match so far in 2016/17
- The Glory will only have a five-day turnaround heading into this game having played on Sunday against the Mariners
- Perth has not beaten Sydney FC in their last six matches
- Sydney FC has outscored Perth by a whopping 20-2 during those six games
- Milos Ninkovic has four goals and Bobo has three against Perth since April 2016
- We are happy enough to tip Sydney in this one for a number of reasons. The first is that they haven’t had to travel or had any midweek commitments leading into the game, giving coach Graham Arnold the chance to tighten up the squad. Another big reason is that important off-season addition Adrian Mierzejewski should be ready to come back from a minor hamstring strain with his class sorely missing against the Wanderers last week. Perth are still scratchy away from home and with this being their third away game in the opening month of the competition, we are thinking they won’t quite be 100 percent leading into this.
SYDNEY FC / SYDNEY FC
- The Sky Blues were on the back foot early last week but we doubt they will let that happen again, especially in front of The Cove
- The Polish international will be value to open the scoring
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- This is one of the best bets of the weekend. These contests have yielded an average of nearly four goals a game in their past six encounters