Perth vs Adelaide - Rd 5 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
The Glory should relish the chance to play in front of their home crowd this week.
The Glory should relish the chance to play in front of their home crowd this week. Perth has been the biggest travellers so far in the opening four rounds, heading to New South Wales three times already including last week where they suffered a 2-nil defeat at the hands of Sydney FC. Adelaide has a serious injury crisis on their hands and it showed after they were beaten 2-nil by Melbourne City at home in Round 4.
3 KEY POINTS
- ADELAIDE could be missing up to six key regulars for this game through injury
- PERTH has only played once at home so far this season
- ADELAIDE has already matched its total of away wins for the season (one) in 2016/17 after beating Brisbane three weeks ago
- Perth has won two of the past three contests
- Diego Castro has three goals in his past two games against Adelaide while teammate Andy Keogh has three goals in three
- Strangely there has been four own goals scored in this fixture in the past two years
- Last season Adelaide was poor on the road and with so many injuries to juggle, coach Marco Kurz will have to do plenty of chopping and changing for the game in the west. Perth are always hard to beat at home and we think they will appreciate the fact they’re playing in front of their fans, which may be enough to get them the points.
PERTH / PERTH
- Perth and Adelaide are the only teams not to score the opening goal of a game this season, however, we think the familiar surrounds of nib Stadium will be enough for the Glory to jump out to an early lead and hold it!
- The Spaniard has a knack of scoring goals against the Reds
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
OVER 2.5Defence hasn’t been a key priority at this point for either side so expect a few goals to be banged in at the very least