Melbourne City vs Western Sydney - Rd 6 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
This could be a game where each side will neutralise the other. City will be without Tim Cahill here but they were found out by Sydney FC last week and while the Wanderers are a different outfit altogether, they could trouble them in certain stages.
Fri, 10 Nov, 12:00 AM
3 KEY POINTS
- MELBOURNE CITY dropped their first points of the season last week
- WESTERN SYDNEY are one of three teams yet to taste defeat this season going into Round 6
- The WANDERERS and CITY are both fast starters and have scored the first goal four times this season
- These teams have generally swapped wins in their past six encounters
- Brendon Santalab scored a hat-trick the last time these teams met
- The home side has won five of the past six clashes with one draw thrown into the mix
- This could be a game where each side will neutralise the other. Both are playing well with a concern from a Wanderers perspective being their second half fade outs, which have cost them a number of wins this season. It is important to note that this is the first match that Josep Gombau takes charge and if anything, his discipline and influence will ensure that conceding an equalizer against 10-men, like they did last week, won’t be happening again anytime soon. City will be without Tim Cahill here but they were found out by Sydney FC last week and while the Wanderers are a different outfit altogether, they could trouble them in certain stages.
WESTERN SYDNEY / DRAW
- The Wanderers should jump out of the blocks early but expect City to finish the stronger
- The Spaniard has been a money machine in this market so far this season, scoring the first goal three times in the first five rounds
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- This will be a tight affair