Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane - Rd 6 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Can either of these sides register their first win of the season?
Can either of these sides register their first win of the season? No doubt both coaches in Kevin Muscat and John Aloisi would have planned for a better start to the opening five rounds than just three and two points respectively. The Victory get a huge boost thanks to the return of Besart Berisha who they could have used when drawing 1-1 against Western Sydney last week. Brisbane played out a stalemate against the Mariners after having plenty of chances to put one in the back of the net.
3 KEY POINTS
- MELBOURNE VICTORY is yet to win a game in five rounds this season – their worst start to a campaign in club history
- BESART BERISHA returns to the Victory lineup after suspension
- BRISBANE ROAR are ranked third last in the league for goals conceded on the road (five)
- The last two clashes between the sides have resulted in a 1-nil scoreline (one win apiece)
- Melbourne has won three of the past four clashes between the sides but Brisbane has won two of the others with just one draw during that span
- Besart Berisha has five goals in his past six games against Brisbane
- There was a lot to like about the Victory’s effort last week against Western Sydney, especially when you consider they played a good portion of the game with 10-men yet somehow forced an equalizer. The return of the A-league’s highest ever scorer in Berisha is huge for them. Brisbane have been disappointing so far and although they will play some good football in patches, we can’t see it being enough here. We are especially looking forward to the battle between top strikers Berisha and Massimo Maccarone.
DRAW / MELBOURNE VICTORY
- Expect the Victory to get the better of the visitors in the second half
- Who else? He has scored the first goal once in his three games so far this season
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- Both sides have struggled for goals this season but could this be the game where they break out?