The Victory have a tough trip west as they search for their first win of the season. Kevin Muscat had a number of his squad engaged in World Cup playoffs during the week and with a big trip ahead of them, it is likely they wont be fielding a full strength line-up. Melbourne go into this game off the back of a 1-1 draw with Brisbane while Perth headed to New Zealand with plenty of optimism, however, left with their tales between their legs after a 5-2 thumping.
3 KEY POINTS
- MELBOURNE VICTORY are still winless after the opening six rounds – their worst start to an A-league campaign
- PERTH has won their only two games at home so far this season
- MELBOURNE VICTORY has struggled in their two away games in 2017/18 with just two draws from as many road appearances
- Besart Berisha has scored in five straight games against Perth
- The Glory has dominated this fixture with three wins out of the past six with two draws thrown into the mix
- A total of 15 goals have been scored between the sides the last four times they’ve met
- Frustratingly for Victory fans we are tipping a Draw here. They aren’t playing well enough for us to tip them as winners but Perth have been up and down too and don’t fill us with confidence either. Kenny Lowe will be without gun striker Adam Taggart for up to six weeks which has compounded a growing injury list. Melbourne will have the likes of Mark Milligan, Kosta Barbarouses and James Troisi all backing up from international duty so off the back of that, we can see a Draw the end result.
PERTH / DRAW
- We think the home side will draw first blood before the visitors hit back
- The Spaniard let us down last time by missing a penalty but we backing him to make amends here
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- Battles between these sides are never dull