Central Coast vs Perth - Rd 9 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Mariners look to build trust in game it should win
Good luck to anyone who wants to tip this clash with any semblance of certainty. Perth has a horror loss at home to Melbourne Victory and then goes to Melbourne City five days later, without Diego Castro, loses Andy Keogh to injury in the first half, but still manages to turn out a shock 3-1 win. Central Coast followed its landmark win over Sydney FC with a disappointing home loss to Adelaide, before again defying the naysayers with an incredible 4-1 win on the road against Wellington last week. Having said that, Central Coast is threatening to become a good side. The next step for the Mariners is to find some consistency. And against an injury-ravaged Glory, this is a big chance to post back-to-back wins.
3 KEY POINTS
- PERTH is facing a second-consecutive road trip and will likely be without its three major strike weapons – Andy Keogh, Diego Castro and Adam Taggart.
- CENTRAL COAST is nestled in the top six as it seeks to make the finals for the first time since 2013-14.
- CENTRAL COAST has not won two games in a row since January-February of this year.
HOME SWEET HOME
- These two teams have already met this season, with Perth securing a late winner in a 2-1 result at nib Stadium in Round 3.
- It continues a run in which the home side has won six of the last seven matches between these teams.
- In two games at Central Coast Stadium last season, the Mariners defeated the Glory 2-0 both times.
- It’s time for Paul Okon’s side to prove it is one that punters can trust. Playing at home and with confidence high after a big win against Wellington and against an injury-ravaged Perth team, there are few excuses not to win this one.
CENTRAL COAST / CENTRAL COAST
- The Mariners scored early the last time these two teams met. This time, they need to finish the job.
- Should arguably have had two or three goals more than what he has already scored this season. Is capable of giving Perth’s wide men trouble on Sunday.
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- In defence, these are two teams capable of leaking plenty of goals.