Melbourne City vs Central Coast - Rd 10 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
City will go into this match without their marquee man.
City will go into this match without their marquee man. Socceroo Tim Cahill and the club parted ways earlier in the week, meaning the home side is without two of its biggest names as Bruno Fornaroli continues to recover from a preseason injury. Melbourne has hit a rough patch of late but scored a confidence boosting 2-1 win over Newcastle last week. The Mariners are one of the form teams of the competition and go into this off the back of a 1-nil win against Perth.
3 KEY POINTS
- CENTRAL COAST has won three of four leading into this match
- MELBOURNE CITY has taken just four points out of a possible 15 since Round 5
- CENTRAL COAST has eight individual scorers this season
- City has been the dominant partner in this fixture with five wins out of the past six clashes (one draw)
- The Mariners have been outscored 19-8 during this span
- Both teams have managed score in each of their past six encounters
- The Mariners are going well at the moment and we expect them to give City a few headaches in this match. Paul Okon’s men are in fine form and are the only team to beat Sydney FC this season – and that is form good enough to win this! City has had internal dramas this week with the departure of Tim Cahill and that will be playing on their minds, so at this point, we don’t want to dive into the shorts about them winning.
DRAW / DRAW
- We can’t see much separating these sides from start to finish
- He has scored twice in the past four games for the Mariners
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
A whopping 4.66 goals on average have been produced in their past six games