Perth vs Newcastle - Rd 10 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
How will Newcastle handle the big trip out west?
How will Newcastle handle the big trip out west? The league’s best road team head to Perth and the biggest surprise packet of the first two months will get a test of their premiership credentials against the Glory. They go into the match after a 2-1 loss at home to Melbourne City – their second defeat in three games. Perth have been hot and cold through nine rounds and have won just once in the past month.
3 KEY POINTS
- PERTH has lost the equal most games of any team this season (five)
- NEWCASTLE has the best attack in the competition
- ROY O’DONOVAN has scored a third of Newcastle’s (21) goals this season
- Perth has won three and drawn two of the past six clashes between the sides
- An average of 3.5 goals has been scored in this fixture since March last year
- Adam Taggart has four goals in his past three games against the Jets
- Ernie Merrick’s side could welcome back leading scorer Roy O’Donovan this week so keep an eye on the team lists closer to kick off. Even if he isn’t lining up, Newcastle have a stack of scoring options including Andrew Nabbout and Dimitri Petratos but if the Irishman takes his place then we are confident they will get the job done. Perth are returning home after a 1-nil loss to the Mariners on the Central Coast last week and aren’t going all that well at the moment. If the Jets produce what they have throughout the opening nine games they will get the cash here.
DRAW / NEWCASTLE
- Newcastle don’t have a great record out west so expect a slow start before they overpower the home side in the second half.
- He has found the back of the net five times already this season
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
There are usually goals galore in these games with the past five yielding at least three each time