An ominous task for the Wanderers awaits. Winless since the opening round of the season, Western Sydney go into the derby facing a Sydney FC side that has lifted its game over the past few weeks. The Wanderers have lost consecutive games for the first time this campaign with last week’s 2-nil defeat against Brisbane arguably their worst performance of the season. Sydney, on the other hand, knocked off Adelaide for the second time in as many weeks in recording a 1-nil win.
3 KEY POINTS
- WESTERN SYDNEY are winless in eight games
- SYDNEY FC are conceding less than a goal a game on average
- Bobo is responsible for six of Sydney’s 15 goals this season
Sky is Blue
- Sydney FC has lost one derby in four seasons
- The Wanderers were the only team to beat Sydney FC in last season’s Aleague
- Bobo has two goals against the Wanderers in his A-league career
- Graham Arnold’s men are probably at their best going into Round 10. It is fair to say they have been a bit off tempo during the first nine rounds, however, a hat-trick of wins in the league going into this has them as the team to back. Western Sydney are still finding their feet under Josep Gombau and their back-to-back losses against inferior sides to Sydney doesn’t augur well for them here.
DRAW / SYDNEY
- These sides hate each other so no quarter given early on but we expect the Sky Blues to power away in the second half.
- The Brazilian has been in good touch recently with goals in three of his past six games
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
Considering the Wanderers have been leaking a few goals of late and Sydney aren’t struggling to find the back of the net, take the Overs.