Western Sydney vs Sydney FC - Rd 10 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
An ominous task for the Wanderers awaits.
An ominous task for the Wanderers awaits. Winless since the opening round of the season, Western Sydney go into the derby facing a Sydney FC side that has lifted its game over the past few weeks. The Wanderers have lost consecutive games for the first time this campaign with last week’s 2-nil defeat against Brisbane arguably their worst performance of the season. Sydney, on the other hand, knocked off Adelaide for the second time in as many weeks in recording a 1-nil win.
3 KEY POINTS
- WESTERN SYDNEY are winless in eight games
- SYDNEY FC are conceding less than a goal a game on average
- Bobo is responsible for six of Sydney’s 15 goals this season
Sky is Blue
- Sydney FC has lost one derby in four seasons
- The Wanderers were the only team to beat Sydney FC in last season’s Aleague
- Bobo has two goals against the Wanderers in his A-league career
- Graham Arnold’s men are probably at their best going into Round 10. It is fair to say they have been a bit off tempo during the first nine rounds, however, a hat-trick of wins in the league going into this has them as the team to back. Western Sydney are still finding their feet under Josep Gombau and their back-to-back losses against inferior sides to Sydney doesn’t augur well for them here.
DRAW / SYDNEY
- These sides hate each other so no quarter given early on but we expect the Sky Blues to power away in the second half.
- The Brazilian has been in good touch recently with goals in three of his past six games
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
Considering the Wanderers have been leaking a few goals of late and Sydney aren’t struggling to find the back of the net, take the Overs.