Perth vs Wellington - Rd 11 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Kenny Lowe’s men looking to return to the winners circle.
Kenny Lowe’s men looking to return to the winners circle. They go into the match with just one win the space of a month and conceded two late goals last week to go down at home to Newcastle 2-1. Confidence is low in the Glory camp to say the least but the same could be said for the visitors who secured a point in a nil-all stalemate against Brisbane in Round 10.
3 KEY POINTS
- These two sides are ranked in the bottom two for defence this season
- WELLINGTON are without key goalscorers Roy Krishna and Andrew Durante
- PERTH has lost four of their last five matches
- Wellington beat Perth back in November by a score of 5-2
- Perth has won four of the past six clashes between the sides
- Wellington has scored the first goal in this fixture on the past three occasions
- Kenny Lowe’s men will surely want a bit of payback after they were humiliated 5-2 in New Zealand just over a month ago. Playing in front of their home crowd is definitely a big advantage. They’re not playing all that well at present but the Phoenix are the league’s worst road side (0-1-3) and we cannot see them getting the cash here.
WELLINGTON / PERTH
- The Phoenix are likely to open the scoring but may not be able to hang on
- The Phoenix hitman comes into this round as equal leader in the Golden Boot and bagged a double the last time these teams met
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- The Overs has saluted in the past three clashes between the sides