Let the good times roll. That will be the theme for Graham Arnold and Sydney FC when they travel across the ditch to take on Wellington this Saturday. The Sky Blues go into the game having disposed of another ‘pretender’ to their title after beating Melbourne City 3-1 last week. Wellington aren’t in good form and have dropped three of their past four games including last week’s 1-nil loss to Perth.
3 KEY POINTS
- SYDNEY FC has won six straight games including the FFA Cup Final
- WELLINGTON has been held scoreless in their past two matches
- The Phoenix have the worst defence in the competition (2.1 goals conceded avg per game)
- Bobo has scored in three straight games against Wellington
- Sydney has won three and drawn two of the past six clashes
- Wellington has not beaten Sydney at home in their past five games
- Sydney FC are short and they are entitled to be. From our point of view they look to be one of the better bets of the weekend despite the fact they have struggled to get the job done in New Zealand previously. The Phoenix are low confidence and are returning home after a big trip to Perth last week – a recipe that doesn’t instill confidence in taking the value about them here. Back Sydney with confidence!
SYDNEY FC / SYDNEY FC
- The Sky Blues have been lethal in the first half of matches during their five-game win streak and you can expect a similar story here
- The Brazilian doesn’t mind playing against the Phoenix and has four goals in his past three matches against them
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- This fixture always throws up goals with an average of three goals per game since December 2015.