Will the Reds be able to maintain their spot in the top four? Adelaide will be shooting for a hat-trick of wins against the Mariners but don’t go into the match in the best of form, losing 2-1 to Newcastle after conceding two late goals. Central Coast have shown they are one of the season’s big improvers but after beginning to show some consistency have dropped back-to-back matches against Melbourne City and Western Sydney.
3 KEY POINTS
- Two of ADELAIDE’s past three wins have been away
- CENTRAL COAST are still the only team to beat Sydney FC this season
- The Mariners have been held scoreless their past two games
- There is a strange pattern in this fixture with Adelaide winning consecutive games before Central Coast returned the favour, however, the last two have been won by the Reds
- No side has kept the other scoreless in their past six encounters
- Those who like having a punt on the Correct Score market will be interested to know that it has finished 2-1 three times in the past four games
- Paul Okon’s side travel to Coopers Stadium without the services of Wout Brama and Jake McGing which is a huge blow considering the Mariners don’t have a deep squad. Adelaide have shown that they can create chances and if they do so again on Boxing Day, it could be a busy night for the Central Coast defence.
DRAW / ADELAIDE
- Both teams may be a little sluggish after enjoying Christmas so expect this one to start a little slow
- Is the leading scorer for the Reds this season
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
Definitely the overs! This fixture has produced an average of four goals per game in the past six clashes