Adelaide vs Brisbane - Rd 13 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Red hot Adelaide should prove too slick for a struggling Brisbane outfit
Red hot Adelaide should prove too slick for a struggling Brisbane outfit. Adelaide is threatening to become a force to be reckoned with this A-League season. After a start to the season that was blighted by a lengthy injury list, the Reds have now won four of their last six games. Although they are beginning to rack up the wins, Marco Kurz’s men have traded wins and losses over the past five weeks and will be keen to string consecutive victories together to solidify their spot in the top four. And they will be confident in their chances of doing just that against an injury-hit Brisbane side that cannot get warm at the moment. Back-to-back home losses against Melbourne Victory and Perth before Christmas has the Roar languishing just one spot off the bottom of the ladder and six points out of the top six. Finals will start to seem like a distant dream if John Aloisi’s side can’t get going soon
3 KEY POINTS
- ADELAIDE has a short turnaround after playing on Boxing Day, defeating Central Coast 1-0 at home.
- BRISBANE has won just one of its five games on the road so far this season.
- ADELAIDE will lose key players George Blackwood, Paul Izzo and Ben Garuccio to under 23 international duty after this game.
HOME IS NOT WHERE THE HEART IS
- These teams met in Round 2, with Ryan Kitto and Johan Absalonsen scoring 88th and 92nd minute goals to snatch a 2-1 win at Suncorp Stadium.
- Brisbane will not fear heading to Adelaide, having won 10 and drawn another four of its 21 games at Coopers Stadium.
- These teams split their three games last season, with a win each and a draw.
- Adelaide is starting to hit form and Brisbane is not. Although the Roar has a winning record at Coopers Stadium, there is little going right for the Queensland side at the moment. As such, it is hard to find anything to suggest the team in orange will have success in South Australia this time.
ADELAIDE / ADELAIDE
- Adelaide is beginning to start its games in stronger fashion. That’s a warning shot to the competition given the Reds are regarded as a strong finishing side given its solid fitness base.
- Broke Brisbane hearts at Suncorp Stadium in Round 2 and also scored the lone goal against Central Coast on Tuesday, so is riding high.
EXACT SCORE MARKET
- Brisbane is struggling to get results. And while Adelaide is expected to win it is yet to really put a side to the sword, so two goals might just about do the Reds on Saturday.