Two desperate teams searching for points. That is the story here as Central Coast play host to Wellington with both sides searching for answers following a recent drought. The Mariners have dropped off after a bright start to the season and are staring down the barrel of a season-high four straight losses while Wellington are winless in six and have lost four of their past six matches.
3 KEY POINTS
- CENTRAL COAST has dropped three straight games and been held scoreless in each one
- WELLINGTON are winless in their past five games
- The Phoenix has the worst defence in the competition and concedes (2.27 goals per game)
Win or lose
- The Mariners won this fixture 4-1 earlier in the season
- There have been no Draws in this fixture over the past two years
- An average of three goals is scored every time these teams meet (since December 2015)
- At the moment it is hard going to back Wellington. They are low confidence, haven’t won in a while and have lost one of their best players in Dario Vidosic who was released last week. Paul Okon’s side aren’t going much better but they have shown more than the Phoenix at this stage of the season, plus they are the only team to beat Sydney FC so far this campaign.
DRAW / CENTRAL COAST
- We think it will be tough early before the Mariners get the upper hand in the second half
DANIEL DE SILVA
- The youngster represents a bit of value in this market
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
- Both sides have struggled to find the back of the net lately so the Unders is a safe option