Brisbane vs Western Sydney - Rd 14 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Can either side start to build some momentum?
Can either side start to build some momentum? Both scored much needed wins last round but it’s the Wanderers who will have a short turnaround following their win against Melbourne City on Monday. Brisbane showed plenty of character when reduced to 10-men before holding on for a gritty 2-1 win against Adelaide at Coopers Stadium.
3 KEY POINTS
- WESTERN SYDNEY came from behind to beat Melbourne City 2-1 on New Year’s Day
- BRISBANE has lost their past three home games
- The Roar will be without skipper Matt McKay for two weeks after he was sent off against Adelaide
- Western Sydney haven’t beaten Brisbane in their past five matches
- Brisbane beat the Wanderers 2-nil a month ago at ANZ Stadium
- Western Sydney are winless in their past four visits to Suncorp Stadium
- You had to admire the way the Wanderers went through City’s midfield at various stages of their clash on New Year’s Day. Is Josep Gombau’s philosophy starting to finally shine through after plenty of hiccups? It’s too early to tell but they were slick in patches against one of the competition heavyweights and barring they can back up sufficiently, we see them taking the points against a Brisbane side that is down on troops.
WESTERN SYDNEY / WESTERN SYDNEY
- If the Wanderers are going to win then they will have to strike hard and fast
- The Spaniard broke a scoring drought with a superb goal last week and could be ready to get back on a roll here
OVER/UNDER TOTAL GOALS
- The total has gone under in four of their past five encounters