Desperate times for call for desperate measures. That is the theme between these two sides who are experiencing their worst run of form for the campaign so far. City’s great start to the season is nearly forgotten as they come into this off the back of three straight losses, the latest being a 2-1 defeat to the Wanderers on New Year’s Day. Wellington are two wins adrift at the bottom of the table and need to seriously lift if they want to start making up the leeway between them and the rest of the competition.
3 KEY POINTS
- CITY could welcome new recruits Dario Vidosic and Harrison Delbridge into the first team
- WELLINGTON are winless in their past six games
- MELBOURNE CITY are riding a three-game losing streak
- Melbourne City has won five straight against Wellington
- The Phoenix last beat City in Melbourne four years ago
- Melbourne City beat Wellington 1-nil at their previous encounter this season
- Warren Joyce’s side is struggling big time but the possible inclusion of Socceroo Dario Vidosic is a huge boost for his squad, especially when you consider they have lost Tim Cahill, Fernando Brandan and Bruno Fornaroli. Back home, where the majority of their points have come so far in 2017/18, they should be too strong for a Phoenix side that is yet to win on the road this season.
MELBOURNE CITY / MELBOURNE CITY
- This could get ugly very quickly so jump on the City / City double
- Scored a nice goal last week but ended up missing a penalty which ultimately cost his side a point. The Irishman is a goalscorer so stick with him here.
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
Considering both sides are struggling to find the back of the net and average a tick over a goal a game, maybe Unders is the way to go.