Muscat’s men staring down the barrel of four straight wins. It has taken a while but Melbourne Victory are starting to find their groove and come into this game in their best form of the season, with their 2-1 win against Newcastle one of their best of their campaign. Central Coast, on the other hand, come into this without a win in four matches but they did stop the rot (slightly) with a nil-all draw against Wellington last week.
3 KEY POINTS
- VICTORY are riding a season-high three straight wins
- The MARINERS are winless in their past four games
- CENTRAL COAST haven’t scored a goal in a month
- Melbourne Victory hasn’t lost to the Central Coast in their past 13 encounters
- The Mariners last win against Melbourne on the road was eight years ago
- Besart Berisha has scored six goals against the Mariners since January 2016
- It’s hard to go past the Victory here even though the match is being played at the neutral venue of GMHBA Stadium. They are beginning to click and are playing far better than they were a month ago. That spells trouble for Central Coast because after hitting a season-high themselves, they are now in their worst form of 2017/18.
MELBOURNE VICTORY / MELBOURNE VICTORY
- Melbourne should come out of the blocks firing so take them to lead early and go on with the job
- Who else? The man enjoys playing against Central Coast and comes into this game having scored the winner last week
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
History suggests there will be plenty of goals in this one with the total going over in four of their past six clashes