Perth vs Melbourne City - Rd 15 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
If there is to be an upset this round then the Glory could provide it.
If there is to be an upset this round then the Glory could provide it. Perth are under immense pressure to turn things around after being belted over the past week or so by Sydney FC and then Adelaide. Kenny Lowe and his team need to turn things around and quick smart and the benefit of back-to-back home games will be to their advantage. Melbourne City head west not in the best of form, however, pulled one out of the fire last week in snatching a dramatic win against Wellington 2-1.
3 KEY POINTS
- PERTH has been outscored 9-nil in their past two games
- MELBOURNE CITY broke a three-game losing streak with last week’s win against Wellington
- ROSS MCCORMACK has five goals in City’s past six matches
- PERTH is aiming for four straight wins against Melbourne City and beat them 3-1 earlier in the season at AAMI Park
- CITY’s last win in Perth was six years ago when they were still known as Melbourne Heart
- City has scored 12 goals against Perth in their past six encounters, however, 10 of those were scored by players not lining up here (Tim Cahill, Bruno Fornaroli, Fernando Brandan, Nicolas Colazo
Lowe and the Glory squad will be keen for a bounce back here and have the right scenario to do it in considering they played at home on the weekend. The extra travel and short turnaround may play against City and although Perth has several injury concerns, including the absence of Mitch Nichols, if they are to turn their season around it has to be here.
The Glory need to break their goal scoring drought but we think that will happen early on here
The Spaniard is always worth a few dollars in this betting market because he is always thereabouts when it comes to creating chances
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
A whopping 4.66 goals on average has been scored between the sides in their past six clashes