Wellington vs Melbourne Victory - Rd 15 A-League Preview & Betting Tips
Home side struggles set to continue.
Home side struggles to continue. Wellington has now gone nearly two months without a win but there were a few positive signs last week against Melbourne City, where they led for the majority of the game before a Ross McCormack double dropped them. Victory’s unbeaten run continues heading across the Tasman but they did have to share the points with the Mariners last week after falling behind.
3 KEY POINTS
- WELLINGTON is winless in their past seven matches.
- MELBOURNE VICTORY are unbeaten in their past four games.
- Victory has earned 14 of their 20 competition points in away games.
ONE OR THE OTHER
- Each side has won three games apiece in the past six clashes.
- Victory’s three wins have all coincided in Besart Berisha scoring. In all three losses the Albanian was held off the scoresheet.
- Victory came from 2-nil down to beat Wellington 3-2 in New Zealand a month ago.
Although Melbourne’s three-game winning streak was halted last week with the draw against Central Coast, they look in far better shape going into this match than Wellington who have had successive road games to deal with coming into this match.
The congested summer schedule may start to play a part for both sides to expect a pretty tight opening half.
There is an uncanny stat in recent games between these sides in that when Berisha scores, Melbourne Victory win.
TOTAL GOALS OVER OR UNDER
The total has gone over in their past five clashes