4 reasons why the Ash Barty party will roar on
Ash Barty faces a tough proposition in the Quarterfinals against Petra Kvitova, however there are plenty of reasons to support her fairytale run.
Now the only Australian still standing at Melbourne Park, home favourite Ash Barty had an emphatic win in dramatic circumstances over Maria Sharapova, fuelling her belief ahead of her tie against Petra Kvitova. The win also makes her the first Australian woman since Jelena Dokic in 2009 to make an Australian Open Quarterfinal.
Urged in front of a hostile Australian crowd, we believe there are plenty of reasons to back her:
- Despite falling to Kvitova in a third-set tiebreak in the final of the Sydney International a week ago, Barty said she was pumped to have another chance straightaway.
- Barty thrives in front of her home crowd declaring “my ears were ringing” from the Australian support she received against Sharapova and which is expected to get even louder on Tuesday.
- Although she has lost in three sets in their previous 2 encounters, Barty has won the 1st set in each match. Furthermore in 2019, Barty has won the 1st set in 77.8% of her matches.
- After the previous match, Sharapova described Barty’s style as a tough one to play against and believes she could challenge for the title.
You can currently get Barty:
- To win a set at $1.55* with TAB
- $2.11* to win the first set with Sportsbet
- To win the match at $2.25* with BetEasy
- $4.90* to win 2 sets to 1 with Ladbrokes
What’s more, if you’re eligible for the offers below you’re in luck. For example, a winning $200 stake on Ash Barty to win 2-1 at $4.90* could see you collecting $780.
Either way it should be a cracker! Good luck on the punt.
*Prices correct at time of posting and subject to fluctuation.