UFC 232: Jones v Gustafsson Preview & Betting Tips
California will provide us with a spectacular fight card featuring some of the best fighters in UFC history
What a great way to round out 2018 with a spectacular fight night scheduled for UFC 232. We head to California where the main event on the card features a rematch a few years in the making between Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson.
The Co-Main event is just as anticipated with the brutal Cris Cyborg looking to add another notch to her belt when she takes on Amanda Nunes for the Featherweight belt.
3 KEY POINTS
- Jones won their only previous bout by unanimous decision
- Gustaffson has won 11 of his 18 fights by KO
- Jones makes his return to the octagon for the first time since having the Light Heavyweight title stripped
Jon Jones (22-1-0, 1NC) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (18-4-0) – Light Heavyweight Championship
- The GOAT Jon “Bones” Jones returns to the octagon on December 30 at UFC232 in Las Vegas and boy, do we have an epic fight to look forward to. Jones will rematch arch-rival Alexander Gustafsson in the Main Event.
- If their first fight was anything to go by, we are in for another incredible bout. The two first locked horns back in 2013 at UFC 165 where Jones won the battle via Unanimous Decision. That fight, still to this day, is known as one of the best bouts in the history of the UFC.
- Jones’ career has no doubt been a roller coaster. He returns to the Octagon from his third suspension. Last year at UFC 214, Jones reclaimed his Light Heavyweight crown after knocking out bitter rival Daniel Cormier, however, was later stripped for the third time after testing positive to an anabolic steroid.
- Jones has lost just one of his 24 MMA fights and has been undefeated since 2010. He has victories over some of the baddest Light Heavyweight contenders in Mauricio Rua, Rampage Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Glover Teixeira, Daniel Cormier and many more.
- Gustafsson comes into this off a dominant win over Glover Teixeira and has won 11 of 18 fights and only lost on four occasions.
Cris Cyborg (20-1-0, 1NC) vs. Amanda Nunes (16-4-0) – Featherweight Championship
- Cyborg is one of the baddest and scariest females in mixed martial arts. She has lost just once – her professional debut back in 2005.
- Of her 20 wins, Cyborg has knocked out 17 of her opponents. Only Holly Holm has gone the distance with her.
- Nunes is the Bantamweight Champion. She is aiming to become the first female to hold titles in two different weight divisions.
- Nunes is riding a seven-fight win streak and has won 16 of her 20 fights, with 11 of those coming by way of KO. She won the title in 2016 and has defended it three times over Ronda Rousey, Valentina Shevchenko and Raquel Pennington.