- Huge variety of cash games and tournaments
- High traffic and busy tables at all times
- Powerful software
Software: Rational Enterprises (in-house)
Deposit & Withdrawal Methods: VISA, MasterCard, paysafe card, Diners Club, WebMoney, Wire Transfer, EntroPay, Solo, Bank Transfer, Neteller, Switch, Maestro, Inter-account, Firepay, ECheck, Skrill/Moneybookers, Click2Pay
PokerStars are arguably the biggest and most-trusted names in poker and has been for quite some time having partnered with some of the best players in the world such as Daniel Negreanu and Chris Moneymaker. Their site allows you to play with millions of players in a mixture of poker games such a Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Bounties and more.
Attracting players of all abilities to their site with multiple styles of tournaments available every hour there is always something to play on PokerStars. Many of the world’s best use PokerStars as their number one go to for online poker which gives amateur players the opportunity to sit down against their favourite players.
A huge appeal of playing on PokerStars are their huge amounts of prize money allowing you to $1000+ from as little as $1.10 buy-in. They even boast the world’s biggest weekly tournament pay-out in the Sunday Million where a share of a $1,000,000 pool is up for grabs.
Owned by The Stars Group, PokerStars are one of the most trusted and recognised names in the online gaming industry. PokerStars have been online since 2001 and in 2007 they fully established themselves as the world’s largest online poker room by quite some way, they roughly host as many players as all other sites combined.
Having a PokerStars account gives their players the opportunity to bet on more than just poker as they have a casino side to their site offering both live and virtual games. Alongside this they also have a sportsbook which allows users to bet on multiple sporting fixtures from around the world.
They are one of the best multi-national sites as they offer support languages for a vast amount of options for every country and in alignment with this function they also offer various country specific promotions.
PokerStars Poker Offer
Offer is available to players who have never made a real money deposit. Minimum deposit of £10, use code ‘TWENTY’ which will credit your account with an additional £20 free play. (T&Cs apply, 18+, BeGambleAware.org)
How to claim the PokerStars Sign Up Bonus
- Download PokerStars free online gaming software.
- Register for a PokerStars account.
- Deposit £10+ with code ‘TWENTY’ and get £20 Free Play added to your account.
- Join the online games and play against thousands of other players from around the world.
Terms and Conditions
- Offer only available to players who have never made a real money deposit of £10 or more
- The £20 Free Play will be credited daily from deposit date: Day 1 = 10 x $0.50 Spin & Go tickets, Day 2 = 5 x $1 Spin & Go tickets, Day 3 = 5 x $1 Spin & Go tickets, Day 4 = $5 cash bonus, Day 5 =5 x $1 Spin & Go tickets, Day 6 = $5 cash bonus
- Tickets can only be used for Spin & Go tournaments
- All tickets issued as part of the £20 Free Play promotion expire 21 days from issue
- Any unused tickets issued as part of this promotion will be forfeited
- Tickets cannot be redeemed for cash or any other value, or be transferred
- During the bonus period, you are not permitted to cashout the bonus amount. For the avoidance of doubt, you may withdraw any deposit funds you have made (or winnings from same) at any time
Games offered by PokerStars
There are plenty of games on offer to play on PokerStars such as Texas Hold’em Poker, Omaha, Bounty Builders and many more. PokerStars also offer many Satellite tournaments which allows for their players to access higher tournaments with bigger prizes and even potentially work their way to live tournaments such as the European Poker Tour through winning tournaments online.
All games are offered with a wide variety of limits and buy-ins to suit all players and with tournaments and games running around the clock there is always something available to suit everyone. They also offer a range of Spin & Go tournaments where players can access fast paced games if they’re not interested in games continuing for a number of hours.
You don’t have to play with real money either to enjoy PokerStars, they have a complete section of fake money games so players can play with zero risk for their recreational pleasure.
Read our guide on the five popular poker games you MUST learn.
Pros and Cons of using PokerStars
|Massive variety of cash games and tournaments||Limited customer support - no live chat or telephone|
|Tables always busy with high traffic||Loyalty scheme prices out lower volume players|
|Excellent customer experience - powerful software|
|Very responsive customer service team|
PokerStars Software, Security and Support
In terms of the software available to play on PokerStars, it is built for the optimisation of players allowing players to make the most out of multi-tabling. Their software is available on both mobile, tablet and desktop which allows you to switch between devices at ease.
The software has plenty of advantages too, including:
- Very few glitches
- Attractive colour scheme which allows for long, comfortable sessions of play
- Your own personal avatar on the table
Security on PokerStars is extremely strong as they have a large security team which monitors all of your cash withdrawals and deposits, as well as any potentially suspicious play amongst players on their site. They are also one of few poker sites who put all of their players through official age verification checks which minimises the risk of any fraudulent accounts and stolen details.
The customer support which you can receive on PokerStars is excellent. However, it is limited. As PokerStars in the most popular site in the world it would be very hard for them be instantaneous with responding to all the queries they get, but they do aim to respond within 4 hours as their support team operates 24/7. If emailing a query doesn’t suffice then they also operate a telephone request correspondence which is available in either Spanish or English.
Click here to find all the best welcome offers and bonuses in Oddschecker's poker section.