England vs Senegal prediction, lineups, results and betting tips brought to you by oddschecker football expert George Gamble.
England eased their way into the last 16 thanks to a 3-0 win over rivals Wales and it marked the first time since 2006 that they have topped a World Cup group. Senegal edged a crucial match against Ecuador to book their place in the knockout stages and they’ll be focused on defying the odds in this clash.
England vs Senegal Stats
- Senegal have hit at least six corners in all three of their World Cup games so far
- Three central midfielders have scored against Senegal, with four registering a shot on target
- Jude Bellingham has registered three shots on target in the two matches where he has started and completed 90 minutes
England vs Senegal Prediction
Betting Tip: Over 3.5 Senegal corners
I’ve really enjoyed watching this Senegal side. They’re full of passion and that has shown in their performances. Make no bones about it, Senegal will be up for this one and will provide stern opposition but they’re much more dangerous going forward than they are in a defensive capacity.
Ismaïla Sarr and Iliman Ndiaye will likely be the two men providing the width and they will pose a constant threat down either flank. Kyle Walker recently returned from injury and lasted an hour against Wales, but he will surely be involved here in an effort to combat the pace from Sarr.
The wingers will be the main outlets for Senegalese and they’ve remarkably hit at least six corners in all three of their matches so far, including against the Netherlands.
The only real side that have gone out confident of beating England was the USA and they won the corner count by hitting seven. With Senegal looking to play to their strengths in what should be a tight match, I think they could easily hit four corners in this one.
Betting Tip: Jude Bellingham Over 0.5 shots on target
I’ll dip into another prop market as I think the 13/10 available on Jude Bellingham to have a shot on target is a little bit overpriced. The Borussia Dortmund midfielder has already been a shining
light at this tournament and he’s hit three shots on target already, two against Wales and one against Iran. The only time he failed was when Gareth Southgate brought him off against the USA in a match that lacked any kind of spark.
Senegal have conceded three times against central midfielders and four have hit a shot on target. Harry Kane, whether instructed to or not, has dropped deep to be involved in the creative aspect of proceedings and this has allowed midfielders to advance further forward to make an impact.
The Three Lions should dominate the centre of the park with Senegal looking to operate on the wings and I’ll have a play on the youngster forcing Édouard Mendy to make a save.
England vs Senegal Team News
- Ben White has left the England squad for personal reasons
- James Maddison made a return to the matchday squad in the game against Wales, so may feature, but is unlikely to start here
- Owing to an accumulation of yellow cards, Idrissa Gueye will miss this game through suspension
- Cheikhou Kouyate was stretchered off in Senegal's opening game against Netherlands and so remains a doubt for this game
- Fode Ballo-Toure returned to the matchday squad against Ecuador, but is unlikely to start here
England vs Senegal Lineups
Predicted lineups are brought to you by WhoScored.com.
Pickford, Shaw, Maguire, Stones, Walker, Bellingham, Rice, Phillips, Rashford, Kane, Saka
Mendy, Jakobs, Diallo, Koulibaly, Sabaly, Gueye, Ciss, Sarr, Loum, Ndiaye, Dia
England vs Senegal Score Prediction:
England 1-0 Senegal