Everton vs Arsenal prediction, lineups, results and betting tips brought to you by oddschecker expert George Gamble.
It’s been all doom and gloom at Goodison Park this season but the fans at least have one reason to feel positive as battle hardened Sean Dyche takes the reins looking to steer them away from a relegation scrap. But Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal are looking ruthless and it could be a long afternoon for Everton.
Everton vs Arsenal Stats
- Arsenal have kept a league high of seven clean sheets from their 10 away league outings
- The last five opposition left-backs/wing-backs at home against Arsenal have averaged 3.2 tackles per match
- Arsenal have kept a clean sheet in four of their five away matches against sides currently in the bottom half
Everton vs Arsenal Prediction
Betting Tip: Arsenal to win to nil
Sean Dyche takes charge of his first match as boss of Everton and they don’t come much tougher than against the league leaders. Sean Dyche gets a rep for being a negative manager and simply getting his team to be physical but he does have plenty of tactical knowledge.
His first job will be to make this Everton backline more organised as they ship far too many goals but things don’t change overnight and with the emphasis being put onto their defensive shape, they may lack a little but up top and could struggle to take any of the few chances they create.
The Gunners have kept an impressive seven clean sheets away from home this season and have also done so in four of their five road trips to sides that are in the bottom half. I’m fully expecting Mikel Arteta’s men to be made to work for a victory but i think they’ll get an important breakthrough in the end and i like the 6/5 available on them claiming a win, but also securing an eighth away shutout of the campaign.
Betting Tip: Vitaliy Mykolenko 3+ tackles
I’m dipping into the prop plays for my second pick as I think the 9/4 available on Vitaliy Mykolenko to make 3+ tackles is a very generous price.
Opposition full-backs have averaged 3.2 tackles per match across Arsenal’s last five away matches in the Premier League and Everton are going to have to do an awful lot of defending throughout this clash.
Of course, it’s difficult to say what lineup Sean Dyche will opt to deploy but the Ukrainian has featured prominently for the Toffees on the left-flank and I think it’s likely we will see him start there one again.
This pick is definitely dependent on whether Mykolenko starts but also if he’s operating on that left hand side. However, if he does then I really like the look of this line and will take it for a point.
Everton vs Arsenal Results
|22/05/2022||Arsenal 5-1 Everton||Premier League|
|06/12/2021||Everton 2-1 Arsenal||Premier League|
|23/04/2021||Arsenal 0-1 Everton||Premier League|
|19/12/2020||Everton 2-1 Arsenal||Premier League|
|23/02/2020||Arsenal 3-2 Everton||Premier League|
Everton vs Arsenal Team News
- Nathan Patterson, James Garner, Michael Keane and Andros Townsend remain on the sidelines for the Toffees
- Ben Godfrey didn't feature against West Ham with a knee sprain, but could be back in the fold for this one
- Sean Dyche takes part in his first game in charge, so we may see some changes to the regular side
- Gabriel Jesus, Reiss Nelson and Mohamed Elneny remain out with injuries for this game
- Emile Smith Rowe is ruled out with a thigh injury, while Thomas Partey is a doubt with a chest injury
- With Partey a potential doubt, Jorginho could make his Arsenal debut, having already scored the winner at Goodison Park for Chelsea this season. Mikel Arteta hopes the Ghanaian can start
Everton vs Arsenal Lineups:
Predicted lineups are brought to you by WhoScored.com.
Pickford, Coleman, Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko, McNeil, Onana, Gueye, Gray, Iwobi, Calvert-Lewin
Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Magalhaes, Zinchenko, Odegaard, Partey, Xhaka, Saka, Nketiah, Martinelli
Everton vs Arsenal Score Prediction:
Everton 0-2 Arsenal